Translate

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Adventure Awaits

 I have two cards again today that I am posting together so one of the cards will be linked through Instagram with Kathy's 30 Day Colouring Challenge which I think finishes in the next day or two.



This is a stamp set I bought along time ago, I think it was well before all the stitched dies came out. I'm pretty sure its a Hero Art stamp set and as I went through my schtuff I found that I had liked it so much I ordered it twice and it has barely seen the light of day so its time to fix this.

I have used masking to produce a scene with the balloon stamped twice and the clouds behind the balloons. I have coloured with Copics using two of my favourite combinations with pink and orange and pale blue and pale green. 


A wee bit of grey in the clouds and instead of doing the whole sky I have just done a blue outline round the whole image. Finished off with this cute sentiment 'Adventure Awaits',
 that belongs to a set of wonderful sentiments to do with travel.  Its from Paper Smooches and was given to me as a gift with my last order and is much appreciated. 

My next card

I have done the same gem layout before and  really like the look as its not crowded as it
would be if I did the full necklace so I think of it as either a fall of the gems or half a chain.

In this photo you can just make out the sparkle of the gems and also the embossing as I used a sparkly embossing powder but it only really shows up at a certain angle.


I have coloured the gems as Peridots so all in the green range. Peridots are an olive green to yellow green and can be as dark as green/brown. I used two Zig colours -olive green and yellow green with a minimal of water. I stamped and heat embossed on SS watercolour paper and it really doesnt like Zigs and water. The paint sinks instantly into the weave and really has no intention of spreading so it was a lot of small amount of olive green moved with the yellow green and blended together with water but daubing gently.


Really doesnt show up how beautiful it looks in IR so you will just have to trust me on that.
Finished off with a thin band of gold glitter paper top and bottom and gold mirror card die cuts of 'sparkle & shine'.
Went to post this last night and the internet just packed it in part way through so I lost everything I had written past the first paragraph and no matter how many times I tried it wouldn't save, publish or connect. 
So I'm doing this in between grandkids demands (food, drink, TV, nappy change, play a game, sing a song and repeat).

Challenges:




Peridot gems




Peridot Gems (what a laugh just spent 1/2 an hour trying to
 remember which challenge I had decided to make this card for and was thinking I had made it up.




balloons



Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





11 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi! Saw your post at Kathy Racoosin's and had to pop over! These are beautiful! Love the highlights on your balloons and the embossing on the gems are brilliant...literally and design-wise lol! Beautiful job!

lostinpaper said...

ooh, love those emeralds Aileen! You have totally rocked the 30 day challenge, go GF!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Aileen I am loving both these wonderful CAS style creations the top one is full of the lovely vibrant colours that I associate with you, the second is beautiful with the falling gems such amazing creativity
hugs
lorraine x

Mac Mable said...

Such vibrant colours, sparkle and shine...Thank you for sharing x

I Card Everyone said...

Aileen your Peridots are just gorgeous! LOve that sparkly embossing powder ... a brilliant choice for those gems! You've chosen two of my favorite color combos for your balloons! Something I've always wanted to do .. and then I read how dangerous it can be! Thanks for all your kindness! xx
=]

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen! The balloons are lovely and I love all the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your sparkly gem card! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge blog--please join us again soon!
:) Marie--ATSM--DT

Cara said...

Love those hot air balloons and your colouring of them is superb. The peridot gems card is so unusual but very beautiful. Cara x

Paperesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paperesse said...

What pretty cards, I especially love those colorful balloons. I want to thank you, too, for the kind comment you left on my blog. It meant a lot to me.
– Paperesse

Martina Svoboda said...

Beautiful gem card! The color combination is my favourite and it realy is shiny! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
Martina